View Quarterly Agenda
Wireless Telecommunications Bureau
Wireline Competition Bureau
Office of Strategic Planning & Policy Analysis
- 2.3 GHz WCS/SDARS Order
- 700 MHz Waiver Petitions
- AWS Bands Analysis
- Back-Up Power NOI
- Broadband Data NPRM
- Broadcast TV Spectrum Innovation NPRM
- CableCARD NPRM
- Consumer Broadband Speed Test
- Critical Infrastructure and Public Safety Workshop
- Cybersecurity Certification NOI
- E-Rate FY2011 NPRM
- E-Rate FY2011 Order
- ERIC Public Safety Interoperability Order
- Establish Accessibility and Innovation Forum
- Experimental Licensing NPRM
- FCC-Native Nations Broadband Task Force 1
- FCC/FDA Workshop and PN on Converged Devices
- FCC/FTC Privacy Task Force
- Hearing Aid Compat. Second Report & Order/FNPRM
- Intercarrier Compensation NPRM
- Interconnection Clarification Order
- Launch FCC Office of Native Affairs and Policy
- Launch National Broadband Map with NTIA
- Launch Public/Private Partnership to Maximize Broadband Use by Small Businesses
- Launch Spectrum Task Force
- Launch Speed and Performance Measurement Program
- Launch Strategic Spectrum Plan and Triennial Assessment
- Launch Tech. Adv. Grp. on Speed & Perf.
- Lifeline/Low-Income Joint Board Referral Order
- Lifeline Flexibility NPRM
- Lifeline Pilot Roundtable
- Location Accuracy FNPRM
- Mobile Broadband Speed Test Application
- Mobile Roaming Order and FNPRM
- Mobile Wireless Competition Report
- Mobility Fund NPRM
- MSS NPRM
- Network Reliability NOI
- NG 911 NOI
- Oppor. Use of Spectrum NPRM 2
- Pole Attachments Order and FNPRM
- Public Notice on Mobile Performance Measurement Program
- Public Safety Interoperability Order and FNPRM
- Rights-of-Way Task Force 4
- Rural Health Care Reform
- Secondary Markets Internal Review
- Serv. Outage & Homeland Security NPRM
- Small Business Broadband & Wholesale Comp. PN
- Smart Video Devices NOI
- Special Access NPRM
- Special Access Workshop
- Spectrum Dashboard 1.0
- Spectrum Dashboard 2.0
- Spectrum on Tribal Lands NPRM
- Spectrum Sharing/Wireless Backhaul NRPM/NOI
- Survivability NOI
- TV White Spaces Opinion & Order
- USF Contributions NPRM
- USF Merger Commitments Order
- USF Reform NPRM and NOI
- USF Transformation NPRM
- D Block Order/NPRM 5
- Internet Video and Device Accessibility NOI 3
- Real-Time Text NOI 3
- Real-Time Text NPRM 3
* The National Broadband Plan progress report provides a new annual benchmark of FCC actions related to the Plan, which was released on March 17, 2010. This progress report includes every Broadband Action Agenda item, in addition to other FCC actions proposed in the Plan. All proposed actions are partially contingent on external factors and some items have been superseded by statute. The timing of proposed actions may be adjusted to respond to changing conditions. This listing is not a comprehensive agenda for the FCC and does not include key initiatives beyond the scope of the Plan's recommendations. The completion percentage includes agenda items added during the year and items currently on circulation, but excludes three disability-related items that were superseded by statute.
1 Action addressed by the creation of Office of Native Affairs and Policy.
2 Action addressed by a Notice of Inquiry.
3 Superseded by statute: The 21st Century Communications And Video Accessibility Act of 2010, and FCC PN on the Act.
4 The Commission announced its Broadband Acceleration Initiative and hosted the Broadband Acceleration Conference on February 9, 2011. As part of this Initiative, at its April agenda meeting the Commission will consider a Notice of Inquiry to seek comment and collect data on rights of way practices and ideas raised at the conference. The Commissions efforts will be informed by ongoing engagement with state and local government leaders.
5 Superseded by statute: The Middle Class Tax Relief and Job Creation Act of 2012.
Common FCC Regulatory Proceedings
The Agenda discusses a number of common FCC regulatory proceedings, including:
- Public Notice (PN): A PN is issued by the Commission or by one of its Bureaus and Offices to notify the public of an action taken or of the occurrence of an event, or to seek public comment on a matter the Commission is considering.
- Notice of Inquiry (NOI): A NOI is issued by the Commission to ask the public for information on, or to generate ideas about, a topic. A NOI is often followed by a Notice of Proposed Rulemaking.
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (NPRM): A NPRM is issued when the Commission is considering a change to its rules and regulations. The NPRM asks the public to comment on whether they agree with the proposed changes or to propose alternatives.
- Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking (FNPRM): A FNPRM is issued by the Commission to seek further comment from the public when new issues arise in a proceeding after an NPRM has been issued, or the Commission desires additional public comment on issues raised in an NPRM.
- Order: An order is a decision of the Commission or one of its Bureaus and Offices.
- Report and Order (R&O): A R&O is a decision issued by the Commission to conclude a rulemaking proceeding. R&Os may adopt new rules, amend existing rules, or announce that rules will remain unchanged.